Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Time is flying at the CCM...

Hey Everyone,
I cant believe its already Wednesday. This week has been awesome and has been full of so many great experiences. I´m doing well, and time is flying here. Now that I´ve adapted to being here at the CCM it has gotten a lot better, and I love the spirit that I have felt here. I also love the guys i´m here with. They are all studs.
Where do I even begin? So on Saturday, we got to go out into the field on splits in the Lima East Mission with a fluent companion. It was so cool I was actually able to get my point across. I was super scared at first because I know my spanish sucked, but I was able to do my best, and then my companion just took over the conversation. I learned what being a missionary is like. We knocked on about 25 doors, talked to 7 people and had 18 doors shut in our face. But it was still awesome, and I loved the experience. It was nice to be able to get out of the CCM. We were able to teach a member family, and I bore testimony, but before I did, I apologized in advance for my poor spanish. The lady in the house quickly stopped me and gave me a big long lecture. What I could understand was something along the lines of, It doesnt matter what your spanish sounds like, because the spirit is the one who is teaching and leading and guiding the conversation. It was awsome to hear, And there was a lot of truth about what was said. I just need to do my best, and Invite the spirit, and he will be able to enter the hearts of the investigators and tell them what they need to hear. Lima is crazy, there are so many people, cars, and stray dogs running all over the place. The companion I was with said he had been bitten three times. Haha kind of funny. But one very valuable lesson I learned just while out in the field for one day was that you dont need very much to be happy. As long as you have your family, and the gospel, the rest will fall into place. 
My spanish is coming along, sometimes I beat myself up about it, but I just need to be patient. I know that I was called to serve here for a reason and I know that Heavenly Father will help me a ton along the way. I have only been out for 4 weeks and have had many struggles and many difficulties. However, I have had many great things happen to me as well. At times I think as members of the church we focus too much on the bad rather than truly looking around and noticing everything that we have truly been blessed with. Attitude really is everything, Right when we wake up in the morning we decide whether or not it is going to be a good day. So my advice to everyone reading this is that you stay happy, and realize all that you have been blessed with and how fortunate all of us really are.
Another cool thing. I was having a hard time on Monday, it was just a rough day. I was able to recieve a blessing from Elder Obrien, A highschool friend. He is a stud and the blessing he gave me, allowed me to feel so much better. I testify the the priesthood is the literal power of god, restored to the earth in this generation of time. Im grateful to be here with Colin, He has helped me a lot and its been nice to have a familiar face here. I love this gospel and love the opportunity that I have to serve. 
I hope everyone is doing well at home, I really miss you guys and would love to hear from you all! Email me! Thanks for being great influences in my life. Everybody read tonight Alma 7:23. Its amazing and we receive some great council in this verse. It gave me a lot of comfort this week and overall helped me out a lot. I love you all, and cant wait to hear from you next week. Thanks again for everything.
 Mucho amor,
Elder Droubay

                                Austin and Colin Obrien with new hair cuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment