Monday, October 19, 2015

First Baptism


What's up?? I hope everyone had a good week and that everything is going well back at home. This week I had some super sweet experiences. It's been a week full of hard work and great results. I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!! I baptized Hermana Rosa and it was amazing even though I struggled through the Baptismal prayer. I was so nervous! But it was awesome. She also received a calling as a counselor in Young Women's on Sunday. She is a single mother of 5 children and is super amazing. It has been cool to watch her testimony develop. Also, Tamara was baptized on Saturday! The spirit was so strong during her baptism and I'm just so happy for both of them. I talked to Tamara after her baptism and she was SO HAPPY. Her face was glowing, and I know that she was so happy with the decision to be baptized. It was an amazing experience and they both have beautiful testimonies. I know that the gospel is the literal way to finding happiness in this life and I could see that in their faces after their baptisms. 

Also, we've been contacting a ton, trying to find people and families to teach. We were out tracking and I felt like we should knock on a door even though there weren't lights on and the house looked vacant. A 17 year old boy named Diego came to the door. We taught him and he was very receptive. I felt inspired to bear my testimony and after I did he said that he wanted to serve a mission. We were like "woah." We then proceeded to talk about how we needed to teach him more about the importance of baptism. But we told him it's super cool that he wants to serve and we encouraged the idea. It was a super cool experience and I'm excited to teach him more. We have a super blessed area and I already love these people so much. I just wish I could speak to them a little more but I know the language will come. I just need to keep working hard and be patient. 

Here is my spiritual thought for the week: 
Don't judge others on their faith and flaws. Try to view everyone as what they can become and not as what they aren't. People are so amazing and everyone has something special about them. we just need to be humble enough to find the good in everyone. Often times we spend so much time looking for flaws in people. But why? What's the point? We are all imperfect and all have flaws but that is not what matters. I promise you that as you try to love everyone and find the good in everyone you will be so much happier with yourself and you'll see the world in much more positive way. "Don't judge someone because they sin differently than you." We are all in this together and need to focus on the good rather than the bad. That's my challenge for you all this week. I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support! Thanks for everything! Have a great week!

Elder Droubay

OZZZZ.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment