Monday, October 26, 2015

Welcome to the Jungle...

Austin could really use some extra love if you guys want to email him! His email is: austin.droubay@myldsmail.net

Hello Again!

It’s been another hot week here in Iquitos full of hard work and a couple funny stories. I hope everyone is doing well at home and that you are all enjoying the highs and lows that life has to offer. I want to hear back from you guys! Write me!

Anyway, this week was good! Right now we have 4 investigators; Diego, Anderson, and Jonathan. They are studs and way fun to teach. But we need to get them to church! The 4th investigators name is Marcos. He is a father of 2 kids and his girlfriend is a member. But we are working to get their marriage paper completed right now before he can be baptized. (Nobody here is married, I swear.) but he is super awesome and way funny. Teaching is going well and I’m starting to feel pretty confident teaching in Spanish. However, when it comes to street talk I don’t understand much at all. Here are a couple of funny stories.

So we were contacting this week and were talking to this guy, when we heard a thud on the ground behind him. We looked to see what it was and there was a tarantula the size of a Frisbee. It was huge and hairy and freaky looking. The guy we were talking to hurried and grabbed a 2x4 and it took 2 smacks to kill it. Good times…It was pretty freaky. Just a bit bigger than the spiders in SLC. Hahaha.

Next, we had been working hard all day and were starving. But with our luck, our pension (the lady who cooks our meals) wasn’t there and forgot about our dinner. So we just went to a lady’s house on the corner and bought two plates of rice and chicken that she had made. We took it back to our house and to our surprise, there were ANTS crawling in our rice. Like lots of ants. But we were starving and ate it anyway. Lucky for me I’ve been feeling fine since! Good source of protein I guess…Welcome to the jungle!

My scripture this week is Matthew 5:16. “Let your light so shine.” I’m fortunate enough to know all of you and to know how amazing you all are. My challenge is to let your light so shine. Be an example for everyone that sees you. Be happy and love everyone and be the light everyone wants to be around. I love you guys. Thanks for everything. It really does mean more than you could ever possibly know. Till next week!

Happy Halloween!
Elder Droubay

pictures: Austin and his district "mowing lawns with machetes"


DSCF0240.JPGDSCF0816[1].JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment