Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference...in Spanish??

Hi everyone! I dont have a lot of time this week, but I want you to all know I am doing well. Conference was awesome and we have a baptism for October 17 progressing. I'm super excited conference was awesome but I had to watch it in spanish so didn't understand too much. So  iquitos is crazy, it's so much different from home. We live in a nice house, it is tile and pretty big, we study a lot and teach a lot of lessons. The streets are dirt for the most part, and people live in houses similiar to what I made  for my wilderness survival merit badge. The people here are really nice but talk super fast. I can't communicate very well. But thats ok. We have a pensionista, and she is awesome. The food is pretty good. We eat a lot of rice and chicken and potatoes and this weird looking pink sausage thing. Sometimes we just have yogurt and a roll. Except one time we had a fermented fish casserole. I wanted to puke, but i put it down. You know me, never passing up food. The people here all make fun of my spanish when I talk and I can't understand. hahah so thats kind of sucky, but I know it will get better. I am sorry that I have to go, I promise all of you and its my testimony that this church is the way to living a happy life, follow the teachings of the gospel and you will be happy. Its not always easy but it is worth it. I love you all and I have a lot more to say next week. 
Elder Droubay




                                                   Elder Meacham and Austin at Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment